Skip to content
- 2 lbs venison tenderloins
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 3 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 cups soy sauce
- Mix brown Sugar and Soy sauce together in a bowl. They should combine nicely into a soupy soy liquid.
- Put Deer Loin in a cooking tray and pour Brown Sugar/Soy Sauce mixture over loin. Roll tenderloin over in mixture, completely covering it.
- Let meat marinate in mixture at least 3 hours or overnight in fridge.
- Remove loin from tray and place on a bake sheet. Save the marinade.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around the very end of the tenderloin, securing the bacon strip with a toothpick. Repeat this process until the entire loin is wrapped in ten or so bacon “loops.”
- Drizzle remaining marinade over deer loin. You can continue to baste the loin with the marinade throughout the cooking process with either a brush or a turkey baster.
- Place on center rack in oven and bake at 350°F for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on cutting board. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing.