In our house we don’t eat quiche, we eat egg pie. This wonderful concoction looks and tastes much like a quiche, go figure. It is a quick simple recipe that will fill your family up and makes a wonderful breakfast, lunch, dinner or even a snack if you make minis.
- Pie crust
- 6 Eggs
- 1 cup Cheese
- 3 TBS Milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray your pie plate with cooking spray (put a little oil in a spritz bottle and voila! you have cooking spray you can mist).
- Place your pie crust into your pie plate.
- Beat your eggs with the other ingredients, reserving 1/4 cup of cheese for topping.
- Pour your egg mixture into the pie crust and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a knife goes into the center and comes out clean (make an allowance for gooey melted cheese on top. You don’t want to see uncooked egg on the knife.)
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool 10 minutes before serving.
You can add meat and veggies to your egg pie. Experiment with different cheeses for different flavors.
To make mini quiches I use a muffin pan and make small pie crusts to fill.