Looking ahead to the upcoming school year and the fact that Morgan is going back to public school, I need breakfast ideas that can be eaten on the go.
Pancakes are a favorite request. Now how to make them ahead of time and quickly?
Possibly one of the easiest recipes ever.
1. Make your favorite pancake recipe or whip up some mix.
2. Pre-heat your oven to 350 and spray or line you muffin tin.
3. Fill cups 2/3 of the way up.
4. Bake for 15 minutes.
You can dress them up but adding 2 teaspoons of chocolate chips, fruit, nuts, cooked sausage, etc.
That’s it! You can make them ahead of time for breakfast on the go.
In our house we don’t eat quiche, we eat egg pie. This wonderful concoction looks and tastes much like a quiche, go figure. It is a quick simple recipe that will fill your family up and makes a wonderful breakfast, lunch, dinner or even a snack if you make minis.
- Pie crust
- 6 Eggs
- 1 cup Cheese
- 3 TBS Milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray your pie plate with cooking spray (put a little oil in a spritz bottle and voila! you have cooking spray you can mist).
- Place your pie crust into your pie plate.
- Beat your eggs with the other ingredients, reserving 1/4 cup of cheese for topping.
- Pour your egg mixture into the pie crust and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a knife goes into the center and comes out clean (make an allowance for gooey melted cheese on top. You don’t want to see uncooked egg on the knife.)
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool 10 minutes before serving.
You can add meat and veggies to your egg pie. Experiment with different cheeses for different flavors.
To make mini quiches I use a muffin pan and make small pie crusts to fill.
|Please note that they do not stay in my muffin tins long before someone is eating them.
Honestly I am not sure what to call these. I saw the recipe on Pinterest originally and figured I would give it a try.
- 12 slices of bread cut on the diagonal (lesson learned from the original recipe, not circles, diamonds.
- 12 slices of bacon
- 12 eggs
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Lightly grease the cups of a muffin pan with butter.
- Put two halves of bread into each cup so that the point is in the bottom and make sure that they overlap. (Next time I make this I will take photos to add to demonstrate)
- Cook bacon lightly for approximately 7 minutes it will finish cooking in the oven. Quick note if you are using turkey bacon do not pre-cook.
- Place 1 slice of bacon in each cup and press into the bread.
- Crack one egg into each cup.
- Place in oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes. Whites should set. Less time for squishy yolks more time for hard yolks. Just a minute or two either way.
- Remove from muffin tin using a butter knife to separate toast from the edge.
- Serve hot.