- 8 potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 whole onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 stalks celery
- 1/2 pound of cubed ham
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 potatoes peeled cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a heavy pan saute garlic, celery and onions in butter.
- Add in ham and potatoes, cover with water and bring to a boil, 10 minutes.
- Lower heat and allow to simmer, add in heavy cream.
- In separate pan boil the other potatoes. Once they are fork tender drain and mash.
- Slowly add mashed potatoes to the broth to thicken it.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.