I know not everyone will be able to do everyone of these suggestions but even if you do just one you will be making a difference. The desire to cutback electric bills even if it is just to save money is still being green and sustainable!
- Control Drafts with weather stripping
- Don’t use electric space heaters if you have alternatives, these are serious energy hogs
- Lower the temp on your hot water heater just 5 – 10 degrees
- Wrap your hot water heater
- Switch from traditional incandescent lights to CFL or LED
- Get an insulation check up especially your roofing insulation
- Lower the thermostat at night, if you are sleeping in pjs and under blankets you will sleep better with cooler air circulating throughout the house and save money
- Find alternatives to using your big oven to cook such as a crock pot.
- Hang your clothes to dry instead of using the dryer
- Make sure that you have some humidity in the air, not only will it keep you from drying out but it will help hold in more heat
- Find alternative sources of heat such as a wood stove.
Let me know if you have any energy saving tips that you use effectively!
Light, Love and Peace