|Courtesy of Wikipedia|
Perhaps one of the easiest apple dishes to make in the entire world. There is nothing really purer than freshly made apple sauce.
- Apples, peeled, cored and sliced.
- Cinnamon stick (1 for every 2 quarts of apples)
- Place the apples into a large stock pot.
- Add water until it just barely covers the apples.
- Add cinnamon stick(s)
- Turn the burner to medium heat and stir occasionally. For approximately 30 minutes, more for larger batches.
- Once the apples have softened use a fork or potato masher to smoosh the apples. For a smoother apple sauce place in a blender to remove lumps.
- Store in freezer safe containers, jars for the refrigerator or can them to store in the pantry.