|Photo Borrowed from King Arthur Flour|
Sorry to my friends who are gluten free, this definitely isn’t, actually I don’t think they are really all that healthy but my mom used to make them by the dozen.
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 1/4 Cup of milk
- 1 TBS of melted Butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Grease muffin tins or use individual small baking crocks
- Toss all of the ingredients into a blender to mix.
- Fill each cup to 3/4 of the way with batter
- Bake for 15 minutes at 450 degrees
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Remove when golden brown and edges are crispy.
- Serve warm with butter or even plain.
You can make them fancy by adding some cheese and/or herbs. Cheesy popovers are delicious you can use parmesean, cream cheese, goat cheese or any other favorite. Toss in some of your favorite herbs and you have an interesting side or snack.
1/2 cup of parmesean directly into batter or
2 oz of cream cheese or
2 oz of goat cheese or
1/2 teaspoon dried herb directly into batter
Cream Cheese, goat cheese or another cheese you want to melt in the middle of these giant delicious airy biscuits need to be added as follows:
- 1/2 batter into cup, add cheese and then the 1/2 of the batter.
- You can make flavored butters to server with Popovers.
- Add a little bit of flour, parmesean cheese or even sugar (cinnamon and sugar popovers) to the sides of the cups to help them grow up the sides.