We have missed our friends! Here is a little something to keep you company.
Vegetable Medley Soup!
It is Friday here at Squirrel Point Farm and time to clean out the fridge from this week’s experiments…uummm…meals. So tonight we are having our own creation of Vegetable Medley Soup. The carnivores have devored any meat we have had with meals. We have decreased our meat portions and increased our veggies. So we have veggies left over from the week and a few that haven’t been processed into the freezer for use later that really just need to be eaten.
This is how you do it!
- Left over or wilted veggies
- Potatoes (if you have them)
- Fennel Seed
- Cooking Wine of choice
- Chop up fresh (wilted) veggies and toss in to a large stock pot.
- Toss in rest of ingredients.
- Add 1 quart of water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve with grilled cheese on the side.
Light, Love and Peace!