Warm weather has arrived in the majority of the US by now. It is time to start thinking about lighter meals that require less heat. Less heat produced in the kitchen means less money spent on cooling the rest of the house.
- Keep fresh fruits and veggies on hand for munching
- Use a crock pot when ever possible
- Make meals ahead of time in the evening when it’s cooler out. Preferably foods that can be eaten cool/cold.
- Use that grill like a campfire to cook everything.
- Have some fun with the kids and build a solar cooker.
- Avoid heavy foods, see #1.
- Ask for suggestions at your local farmer’s market. If there is anyone who knows about light, healthy, filling summer meals it is your local farmer.
Give me a shout out of if you like the idea of Tuesday Tip of the Week.