We are removing processed foods from our diet so one of our experiments has been in making our own mayonnaise. This took a few tries to perfect the recipe to get it just right.
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 TBS lemon juice
- 2 cups vegetable oil
|Recycled pickle jar does wonders for mayonnaise.|
- Place the eggs, mustard, paprika, pepper, salt, and lemon juice into a blender. Blend on high speed until combined.
- Slowly drizzle in the oil with the blender running.
- Once the oil has been mixed in well, scrape the mayonnaise into a bowl, and adjust the seasonings to taste.
- Store in the refrigerator up to 3 days, just as a note you can cut the recipe in half if you don’t think you will use it all up in 3 days or share with friends.