|Please note that they do not stay in my muffin tins long before someone is eating them.|
Honestly I am not sure what to call these. I saw the recipe on Pinterest originally and figured I would give it a try.
- 12 slices of bread cut on the diagonal (lesson learned from the original recipe, not circles, diamonds.
- 12 slices of bacon
- 12 eggs
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Lightly grease the cups of a muffin pan with butter.
- Put two halves of bread into each cup so that the point is in the bottom and make sure that they overlap. (Next time I make this I will take photos to add to demonstrate)
- Cook bacon lightly for approximately 7 minutes it will finish cooking in the oven. Quick note if you are using turkey bacon do not pre-cook.
- Place 1 slice of bacon in each cup and press into the bread.
- Crack one egg into each cup.
- Place in oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes. Whites should set. Less time for squishy yolks more time for hard yolks. Just a minute or two either way.
- Remove from muffin tin using a butter knife to separate toast from the edge.
- Serve hot.